The evangelism ministry is the main outreach arm of Yofochm. We are charged with the task of preaching to all in nations believing that every member is commissioned to evangelize and failure to do so is direct disobedience to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” (Matt. 28: 19)
Our ministry has an evangelism team which travels throughout Uganda preaching the gospel. The team brings revival to the churches. Besides equipping the evangelists spiritually, they also need some allowance to use for their daily need with their families. Although we lack most of the equipment needed for their evangelism such as bibles, means of transportation because they need to travel around evangelizing/preaching the gospel and reaching those in remote areas and non-believes and also providing for the hungry.
The Evangelism Ministry consists of seven divisions: Church, Prison, Hospital, School, Street, Crusade, and Door to door. We purpose to take the Word of God to the people near or far, out in the open or shut in behind bars.
YOFOCHM goes out preaching the gospel in primary schools, high schools and in vocational institutions as well. During school periods we organize a group of dedicated preachers who go out in schools, and in this ministry, many young men and women have surrendered their lives to Jesus. We do not just leave these children after ministering to them, we do the follow ups and supply them with Bibles, Bible trucks and encourage them in the Lord.
We also do the following:
- Plan schools’ HIV/AIDS programmers.
- Organize Education and communication activities like music dance and aimed at HIV/AIDS prevention programmes
- Train school students to go out as volunteers for HIV/AIDS
- Show films related to HIV/AIDS prevention in order to strengthen awareness in schools
- Health education session (HIV/AIDS awareness, S.T.D)
We need your prayers and support since this ministry involves much activity and we cannot do it without your support.
Community Gospel Outreach Ministry
We believe that the only way for the Gospel to reach to all people in the world is through Christian outreach. As a result, we organize ourselves as a large team of preachers and go out to preach the good news to people in towns and in rural villages. We organize crusades, streets preaching, door to door preaching and also plant churches in the areas where we have preached.
There is a tremendous increase in the field of soul harvesting. Our committed evangelists are being used by God to bring healing and deliverance to many who are afflicted. It is spearheading the strengthen of partner churches in areas of our outreach in term of construction of permanent enough spaced houses of God and many other assistance to them. There are strong spiritism and tradition that negatively influence the growth of Christianity. Islamic influence is also aggressively increasing. The critical need here is to have a great impact of miracles. We always borrow some public address instruments to have our work effective.
In this Community Gospel Outreach ministry, we are involved in many activities such as:
- Door to door preaching
- Open air preaching
We also work to:
- Tackle/handle stigmatization of the victims of HIV/AIDS
- Mitigate the health and social -economic impact of HIV/AIDS at individual, household and community level
- Facilitate effective home visitation for witnessing &counseling
- Encourage and strengthen the communities to respond to HIV/AIDS epidemic
- Set up youth recreational facilities at village community centers
- Reduce the further spread of HIV infection
- Mobilize for and provide voluntary counseling and testing services
- Organize and lead open-air sensitization meetings and debates
- Produce information on the dangers of S.T.D’s and their prevention
- Support and supervise activities of communities in collaboration with partner C.B.O’s
- Train volunteer counselors
- Facilitate Literature distribution
Hebrews 13:3 “Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; them that are ill-treated, as being yourselves also in the body.”
The purpose of the prison ministry is to reach the outcast within Africa who are incarcerated, regardless of race or nationality to which most of them are young victims. Statistics available from the only Uganda by Uganda Prisons Service reflects that 80% of the offenders incarcerated or committed or remanded to Prisons are below the age of 20 years and 95% of the offences committed are money related. Thus Yofochm prison outreach implements projects that address the problems facing the young people today e.g. Poverty, HIV/AIDS, Armed Conflicts, Adolescent or un-wanted pregnancies, Drug abuse (which has lead to an increase in the crime rates among the young people).
Our prison Statement:
The overall purpose of Yofochm-Prisons Outreach:-
- To help inmates know & accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord & Savior and nurture them into spiritual growth.
- Post-Prison Community Based Care, Support & Counseling e.g. HIV Prevention
- To offer spiritual & material support to the families of the incarcerated in the event.
- To establish and coordinate a vibrant, strong & effective forum of ministries caring & supporting offenders
- Evangelize & disciple inmates in and out of Prison through a weekly Prisons Outreach Program designed to share the Gospel of the risen Lord with inmates, to help them grow & mature spiritually.
- Mobilize/Source & distribute gospel tracts, Bibles, Magazines etc to inmates. Similarly, source & distribute to inmates clothes, shoes & sandals etc many inmates walk on bare foot because they don’t have shoes, slippers or sandals.
- Provide Post-Prison community based care & support to former Prisoners, by helping them get back to their communities, provide temporary transitional shelter, Prayer & Counseling etc
- Facilitate Life & entrepreneurial Skills development among former prisoners as a way of rehabilitation to help them start income generating activities to gain financial stability. This will help curb down the rate of recidivism, because no body tends to care & support former prisoners, many of them find themselves back to prison by committing the same offences.
- Minister to & support families of inmates especially those who have been found guilty by the law and are sentenced. In the event where “a bread winner is sentenced to serve a long term in prison” there’s great emotional breakdown, families breaking down, children dropping out of school, no food, house rent, such are the problems faced by families of inmates.
- Coordinate a very vibrant and active network of Prisons Outreach Ministries; this will help bring down the problem of service duplication.
- Through the weekly Prisons outreach program, Yofochm will continue to source for material resources to distribute to inmates such as soap & shavers to improve on their hygiene & for the young women provide sanitary pads & also provide mosquito nets to reduce the spread of malaria. Some inmates spend long periods of time without anyone visiting them.
- Initiate victim – offender negotiations & out of court settlements as a means of reconciliation & forgiveness, Mathew 6:14-15 “For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions”.
End resolution by the inmates;
“If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross and follow Me.” (Matt. 16:24)
Great Needs For Prison Outreach;
- Material donations such as Gospel Tracts, Bibles, Magazines, Books, etc
- Similarly we also need clothes, you find many inmates in tattered clothes
- Blankets; many inmates do not have anything to cover themselves as they sleep
- Similarly we need mattresses for prisoners, many of the prisoners sleep on bare floor, as a substitute and less costly for US$ 2 you will buy a papyrus mat which is able to accommodate 2 inmates
- Shoes or sandals or for a substitute we can buy sandals made out of used car tyres they’re very long lasting and less costly, for US$ 1 you will buy one pair which will last for 2 years without breaking.
- Donations are also needed to support families of the inmates. For those interested in sponsoring inmates Children to school, this costs US$ 24 per month, however to reduce on the costs involved in transferring funds we always advise our sponsors to transfer this money at once e.g. US$ 96 for a full term or US$ 288 for a whole year. These funds are for tuition, school uniform, feeding, scholastic materials & medical care.
The purpose of the hospital ministry is to make weekly morale visits to Hospitals in Africa. The hope of physical healing as well as spiritual healing through the Master Physician is given at the patients’ bedside. It is also the duty of the Hospital Ministry to reach the shut ins as well, sharing the Word of God with those who are unable to assemble with the Saints.
„So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.” (Matt. 20:34)
The purpose of the Street Ministry is to proclaim the Good News throughout Africa starting in our own community first. With the increasing young street boys, girls, prostitutes and others in Uganda, Street Ministry makes a powerful evangelistic team ensuring that souls are being saved in Uganda. The Street Ministry area includes but is not limited to bars and streets lined with prostitutes, open air markets and wherever the lost are. We aim to bring light to the communities dark and sinful environment one street at a time.
“And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)